The Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary is located in the Yawal Tehsil in the Jalgaon district of Maharashtra, India. The sanctuary lies at the Banks of the Anner and Manjal Rivers which flows towards the neighboring borders of the Madhya Pradesh. The Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary covers around 178 sq.kms of area. There are different varieties of flora and fauna. The prime floras at the sanctuary are Anjan, Salai and Teak trees.
The other prime attractions at this sanctuary are many different kinds of mammels such as Flying Squirrels, Deers, Blue Bull, Tigers, Leopards, Wild Dogs, Chinkara etc. The climate at the sanctuary remains wet most of the times; hence the best and ideal time to visit Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary is from October to May. The overall climate remains pleasant.
How to get there?
How to Reach Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary by Road:
Faizpur bus stand is the nearest bus station to the Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary. This bus stand is at a distance of around 64 kms from the sanctuary. Faizpur is connected to most of the major cities like Mumbai, Pune etc; by road. People may travel by their own car or may hire cab.
How to Reach Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary by Train:
The nearest railway station is the Jalgaon Railway Junction which is on Mumbai-Bhusawal Khandawa line. This railway station is connected to many of the major cities in the Mahrashtra. The Raver Railway Station is located at around 65 kms from the Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary and 67 kms from Jalgaon Railway Station.
How to Reach Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary by Air:
If one wants to go by flight, then Jalgaon Airport is the closest airport that is situated at a distance of around 95 kms from the sanctuary. From airport one may hire a cab or may travel by private vehicles. Another nearest airport is the Aurangabad Airport which is located at a distance of about 255 kms from the Sanctuary.
Distance from Major Cities to Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary:
- Jalgaon to Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary Distance – 117 KM
- Dhule to Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary Distance – 224 KM
- Malegaon to Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary Distance – 259 KM
- Nandurbar to Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary Distance – 270 KM
- Chalisgaon to Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary Distance – 284 KM
- Shirdi to Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary Distance – 330 KM
- Nashik to Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary Distance – 390 KM
- Pune to Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary Distance – 486 KM
- Mumbai to Yawal Wildlife Sanctuary Distance – 536 KM