Nestled amidst the lower southern reaches of the Satpura Hills, Pench National Park is located in the districts of Seoni and Chindwara in Southern Madhya Pradesh bordering Maharashtra. The national park has a total area of 758 sq km out of which a core area of 299 sq km of Indira Priyadarshini Pench National Park.
How to Reach Pench National Park by Road
Pench National Park is located close to Nagpur and as National Highway 7 runs through it, pench is easily accessible by road, train and air from all over the country.
National Highway 7 connects Varanasi to Kanyakumari and the national park can be easily visited from nearby cities like Chindwara, Nagpur, Jabalpur and Raipur. Seoni is the closest town to Pench located at a distance of 60km while the distance of Jabalpur, Nagpur and Chindwani from Pench are 195km, 92km and 120km respectively.
Nagpur is the largest city near Pench and is well connected by road to all major cities in India. State transport buses and private rented vehicles to Pench are easily available from all these cities.
How to Reach Pench National Park by Train
Nagpur is the nearest major railhead to Pench and has regular trains from all over the country. Due to its central location enjoys direct rail connectivity with Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chennai and other cities. Nagpur railway station is at a distance of 100km from Chennai. Tourists can also reach Jabalpur, at a distance of 90km from Pench by train and then travel to the national park by road where accommodation of all types can be easily found.
How to Reach Pench National Park By Air
Both Nagpur and Jabalpur has domestic airports those are connected with other major airports with regular flights. It takes around two and half hour’s drive from Nagpur to reach Pench while the time required reaching Pench by road for Jabalpur domestic airport is around 4.30 hrs.
Distance from Major Cities to Pench National Park:
- Gondia to Pench National Park Distance – 99 KM
- Bhandara to Pench National Park Distance – 162 KM
- Nagpur to Pench National Park Distance – 167 KM
- Wardha to Pench National Park Distance – 240 KM
- Yavatmal to Pench National Park Distance – 313 KM
- Amravati to Pench National Park Distance – 333 KM
- Akola to Pench National Park Distance – 428 KM
- Jalgaon to Pench National Park Distance – 611 KM
- Indore to Pench National Park Distance – 615 KM
- Mumbai to Pench National Park Distance – 1011 KM