Located in the Chandrapur district of north-eastern part of Maharashtra, Tadoba Tiger Reserve is also known as the “The Jewel of Vidharba”. Laying at the center of a reserve forest the reserve is a treasure trove for innumerable species of flora and fauna and boast of an amazing wildlife that includes – tigers, hyenas, panthers, jackals, wild dogs, bison, barking deer, sloth bears and many others.
How to Reach Tadoba National Park by Road
The best way of reaching the Tadoba National Park by road is via Nagpur. Chimur (32km) and Chandrapur (45km) are the two nearest bus stands and can be directly reached by state transport corporation buses from Nagpur and other major cities and towns. From Nagpur one can either take the Hyderabad National Highway till Jab and then State highway via Warora and Bhandak. Though this is the most preferred route there is another way of reaching Chandrapur from Nagpur and that is via Umred-Nagbhir-Shindewahi and Mul. The second route is a bit longer, around 200km and the route through Warora and Bhandak is about 160km. Kolra, at a distance of 100km from Nagpur is the nearest get of Tadoba Tiger Reserve while another gate Moharli is at a distance of 150km from Nagpur.
How to Reach Tadoba National Park by Train
Chandrapur rail station at a distance of 45km from Tadoba National Park on Delhi – Chennai main line is the nearest railway station and regular trains are available. Rameswaram – Varanasi Weekly Express, Gorakhpur Yesvantpur Express and a few other express trains halt at Chandrapur.
Nagpur is the nearest major Railway station to reach Tadoba National Park and well connected by rail to all major cities and towns in the country. After reaching Nagpur tourists can travel to Chandrapur by train or can directly travel by road two reach Tadoba Tiger Reserve.
How to Reach Tadoba National Park by Air
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport, Nagpur is the nearest airport to the Tadoba tiger reserve at a distance of 140 km via Umrer, Bhisi and Chimur.
Distance from Major Cities to Tadoba National Park
- Wardha to Tadoba National Park Distance – 115 KM
- Bhandara to Tadoba National Park Distance – 123 KM
- Nagpur to Tadoba National Park Distance – 138 KM
- Yavatmal to Tadoba National Park Distance – 183 KM
- Amravati to Tadoba National Park Distance – 225 KM
- Akola to Tadoba National Park Distance – 311 KM
- Shegaon to Tadoba National Park Distance – 356 KM
- Latur to Tadoba National Park Distance – 452 KM
- Jalgaon to Tadoba National Park Distance – 494 KM
- Aurangabad to Tadoba National Park Distance – 510 KM
- Pune to Tadoba National Park Distance – 748 KM
- Mumbai to Tadoba National Park Distance – 862 KM